I even got to fight what felt like a marlin, straining all my un-fished muscles, hearing the drag peel out without me gaining an inch! Then Justin switched the lever over (thus tightening the drag) and I soon landed a small bonita.
Monday, October 18, 2010
Ok, ok, enough fising already...except
Except this was a family fishing trip! After I fried my brain on Kiswahili lessons this week, Justin asked if we wanted to go WITH him on a fising/dolphin watching trip.
After anguishing over the idea of 5 hours in a boat with 3 children, I agreed, knowing I'd be sorry if I stayed home.
Turns out I was right! We hooked this monster wahoo within 5 mintues of putting our lines in the water. We went on to hook maybe 9 fish and land...not 9. But it was exciting anyways.

I even got to fight what felt like a marlin, straining all my un-fished muscles, hearing the drag peel out without me gaining an inch! Then Justin switched the lever over (thus tightening the drag) and I soon landed a small bonita.
Braelyn was a handful, but at least she was so out in the wild blue yonder instead of cooped up in the house with me all alone all afternoon.
I even got to fight what felt like a marlin, straining all my un-fished muscles, hearing the drag peel out without me gaining an inch! Then Justin switched the lever over (thus tightening the drag) and I soon landed a small bonita.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment