Justin leaves again for the big island tomorrow to meet with the higher ups in the government to try and push his water desalination project through. He is working on a machine that can pump ocean water through it and change it to clean drinking water for smaller islands and remote areas around our island. And it uses only solar and wind power to run. I will let him tell more about this later. Thanks for your prayers!
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Shannon's week at a glance
Ups and downs, highs and lows, here's a few:
Justin mentioned to a good neighbor friend that he was planning on starting a small chicken farm and was working on a chicken feed from local food. Well, the next day he brought over 3 hens for eggs! So far we think one is laying...occasionally. Justin is building a rockin' coop, with less than rockin' materials, but we make the best of what we've got.
We brought home some Kikkoman soy sauce from Mombasa and have been having amazing vegatable fried rice. Tonight will be number 3 this week. It won't last long at this rate!
Oh yeah, I turned 30. Haven't decided which list this falls into, but the cupcakes were yummy. Last and still freshly painful, I got arrested. No cuffs cause those have long since been sold on the black market I'm sure, but I AND MY THREE CHILDREN were dragged into the police station and yelled at for a while till I closed up and said I wanted a man to come to speak for me. Thank you Lord, we have a team leader who is fluent and familiar with the system as well as a local friend who is one who will be heard. The story is kind of long, but the short of it is that when we shipped a vehicle over from Zanzibar they switched one of two of our license plates and so they don't match. Anyways, I am home and fine and the adrenaline is starting to wear off. Our car is grounded till we fix the problem, but I walk a free woman. Angry but free. Oh well, welcome to corruption and I'm glad my first time is over with!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
This is an amazing story! Glad everyone is ok. We will continue to pray.
You are a strong lady! I am thankful for no handcuffs and for brave little girls. I am proud that you knew to ask for a man to speak for you.
Love you all!
Shannon Brown, how have you not told me about this arrest business? Girl! Well, I am so sorry and I love you and I am praying for you and I love the chickens. Miss you! Kisses to your babies for me.
Post a Comment