Meanwhile, back on the little island, things are normal. It's getting hotter by the week, though the second rainy season is here which I kind of like. I like the rain, I don't like hanging and re-hanging my laundry 5 times a day. Homeschool hit a bump of frustration, so we've taken it out on the front porch and put away the workbooks for a season. Friday we even wrote on our hands and feet (amazingly enjoyable for the girls) to practice counting by fives.
Unfortunately, less laundry and dishes and cooking do not make up for lack of adult conversation (Thank you dear team-mates for entertaining us so often!) and literally not a minute to myself for so many days on end. I'm even so pooped by bed-time that I fall asleep sometimes before Braelyn-stay-up-late Brown.
Speaking of her, she's actually talking! A month ago, I would have said she was saying some words. Now, it's sentences! Just now, from the potty, she yelled, "Mama, done!" I know, kind of short. The other day, the power had been out since the night before, every battery powered thing we had was dead and I (pointing at the fan) told the girls for the hundredth time, "no movie, no umeme (power)" That night, we were eating with our team mates. The power had returned earlier, but went unnoticed by Braelyn. Until she came in the kitchen, looked up at me, saw the fan going above me and her face lit up like the lights. She pointed, gasped and yelled, "Mama, yuuk(look)! Umeme, yay!" Now THAT is a sentence!
Thank you for those who have been praying for us this week (even not knowing Justin was gone). I am tired..tired of dealing with the fights and whines and childish accidents and willful defiances alone. Thanks for keeping us in mind, and please don't stop! We had a beautiful Sunday School this morning, crying as we lifted our hands and sang to our Lord, so thankful for His presence, His sustanance, His forgiveness. Cry out with us, "I wanna be in the Light, as you are in the Light. I wanna SHINE like the stars in the heavens. Oh, Lord, be my Light and be my Salvation. Cause all I want is to be in the light!"
No comments:
Post a Comment