Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Whoo-hoo!

Cereal for breakfast, store bought sandwich bread for lunch, restaurants for dinner, oh it's a beautiful thing! Cooking and dishes comprise HOURS of my day back home, so this little vacation has been wonderful.

And not just for me! In spite of the fact that the girls got to sleep at nearly 10 pm our first night here, I found them already hard at play at 7:30 the next morning.

The house we've been blessed to borrow is a Princess Wonderland!

And nearby: a real, clean pool with toddler height section AND a play ground! It's like...America!

Thank you, Lord for time to rest and play and get out of the daily grind. I've even been wearing sleeveless shirts and capris in the yard here, whew!

Justin has also gotten a lot of work done, with more to do today...keep you posted!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Zoie said...

I have loved catching up on your blog! Have a great, relaxing vacation. Maybe I missed it, but where are you??

We miss you guys so much! But I love love love that you are following God and taking Him at His word. I have been convicted lately that following God is good and fine until He challenges my physical comfort and (perceived) control. Not pretty. I love this verse in the Message - Matthew 5:14-16, "Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I'm putting you on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven."

My point is... Your family "shines" to ours. :)

Merry Christmas!!

Roxanne said...

LOve our house!! Yeah that the girls enjoyed the princess heaven!!