Friday, February 24, 2012

Another week

Today Sandy and I took off for an hour or two of no-kid time. It was wonderful; to talk and talk and talk with our only interruptors being ourselves is quite unusual. We thankfully get to do this every other Friday.

The men and kids joined us later to swim till they could swim no more (well, that never really happens, does it?) and then home we headed. We arrived home at a late but alright 6:30, and I rushed to the kitchen to pop the home-made and left rising bread in the oven. Oh but wait, I forgot to add yeast in the dough.
Would you believe that the fastest course of action was to literally re-do the bread and let it rise and then bake? So it's 8:15, we finally have eaten and we are preparing for bed. By preparing I mean that Justin is sitting on the couch with his 3 little girls watching (at TOP volume may I add) Star Wars Episode 2. He's decided to introduce them to the finer things in life. And I blog.
These are some random pictures of some of our friends. This is Omar and his second wife Mariam. They have 4 kids together. He has 6 kids with Aziah, plus her older 2 girls she had when they married, and now another on the way. It makes me tired to just type all that. They are our dearest friends here and have been invaluable in our settling in. Please pray for them as we seek to be light and salt.

This is sweet little Mariam, the fourth I know. She is staying with her grandma of the same name who already cares for her 2 year old cousin of the same name while her mom had a new baby and is recovering. She is such a delight! She laughs all the time, her smile beaming, her language comprehensible to me. Yep, I'm tracking with a 3 year old.

In adult education news, Justin is finishing up writing a grant for supplies, computers, etc. The only problem is that we don't have a building for said supplies! He is looking at land, but it would take maybe a year to get that settled and something built. Just then, a nice house right down the road goes up for rent/sale. Our minds are whirling with possibilities and ideas and dreams. Please pray for us to wait on and listen to God's plan. Please pray for us as we seek to do GOOD for this place and these people...including the ultimate GOOD. Thanks and we love you!

No comments: