It's sad when my BLOGS have to have month titles! But alas, such is life right now.
Gramma and Papa came from Colorado! It was wonderful! They brought hugs stored up for 2 years and many gifts from many wonderful friends and even a VBS to do with the girls in the afternoons!
We had fun trooping them around our island, showing my mom our life for the first time.
The girls got to show Gramma a thing or two also! Avery got a 2 wheeler and is working on learning to ride solo now too!
We got to make the rounds to meet my friends too. Mariam started to pull her head wrap down to cover up and I told her then we wouldn't see her pretty earrings, so she left it up.
Here is Fatma. She is my best friend over here. She married my next door neighbor in April I think and just had her first baby on Friday! Guess who caught the little fellow? ME! The midwife knew me and handed me an apron and gloves and told me to get in there. Be still my heart!
He was an ugly little fellow but today, at 6 days old he is BEAUTIFUL! I'll get a picture soon.
Here's Hunter all gussied up in her VBS outfit. They learned about the Califor-ni-A gold rush and how we should be mining for the Truth, and how the Son is our pure gold!
Do these pictures need any explanation? I think not.
This little one was born to my friend Aisha a month early at least while we were in Kenya. She'd been having complications already and I feared I would return home to a stillborn. Instead, I found this little fighter...9 days old and perfect. Lacking only...milk! That's right. Mama's milk had not come in and she was waiting till it did to feed him. HUH? How he survived again is God's grace alone! These are some of the things I'm desperate to help change here!
Here's Omar's firstborn bonding quite nicely with the lovely Mzungu Mama.
We attempted a beach photo shoot. Only I forgot to check the camera battery.
Lipgloss? Check. Nail polish for touch ups? Check. Change of clothes for secondary shoot, check. Battery? Who me?
Love these girls. Love their grandparents for coming all this way to love on us. Miss you ALL!
1 comment:
So happy for you, that you had a wonderful and blessed time with bibi and babu around! This is always very special :-)
And the baby on the pic is really very tinny. Hope and pray that he keeps to be as strong as he started his life!
Post a Comment