FOR IMPORTANT PART, SKIP TO THE LAST PARAGRAPH
I'm on a work computer, so forgive my lack of pictures. Justin is on Big Island getting some work done and for the first time ever...the girls are playing at the neighbors house. All of them!
Our neighbor across the way just got remarried (after dismissing his wife of 25 years or so, so sad). The new wife brought with her...a 10 year old, delightful girl (the only other girls in the area are about 3)! They are from the biggest city here, so Aisha knows a smattering of English. Hunter is working hard to use her Swahili and Avery is busting out with the cutest Kenyan accented English! I'm so proud of them for stepping out with bravery!
Unfortunately for Aisha, Little Bit is the least shy and would NOT let her sisters go play without her. But one girl's pain is another mama's pleasure! I'm home alone! I am sitting looking out my door at their's, but I'm alone.
OK, PRAYER REQUEST:
2 years ago we were blessed with an amazing car. It has done us well through rough roads, flooded roads, clamboring children, speedy husband and occasionally absentminded wife. Well, the battery has been on its last leg, so before heading off the island, Justin bought a new one. Just in case.
Sure enough, day 2, it dies. Me, being the toilet fixing, drain unclogging, adventurous woman that I am decide to put the new one in myself. Nicely enough, someone put red tape around one of the attaching cables. So I hooked that one up to the red capped side. I pop the other side down (ignoring the sparks with the hope that that simply means this battery is good) and....chug, chug, chug, nothing.
Sure enough, day 2, it dies. Me, being the toilet fixing, drain unclogging, adventurous woman that I am decide to put the new one in myself. Nicely enough, someone put red tape around one of the attaching cables. So I hooked that one up to the red capped side. I pop the other side down (ignoring the sparks with the hope that that simply means this battery is good) and....chug, chug, chug, nothing.
After some phone calls with Justin, we get the battery in right (apparently I should check the signs, not the color of patching tape) and a few fuses changed and....it cranked! I was whooping and dancing a little bit. Then we climbed in to venture out. No gauges worked. The air won't turn on. The windows won't roll down. The clock won't even show.
More phone calls back and forth. Remember, this is Africa so this little story is now spread over 3 days. After checking all the fuses, it appears the only other thing we can think of is:
I blew the electrical system out on the entire car. This is a very big deal. A get-a-new-car-and-scrap-the-old-one kind of big deal. A thousands of dollars big deal. But it is not a bigger deal than our BIG, BIG GOD! So, I am asking you to pray with me right now that the BIG GOD of the universe would fix this problem. Pray HE would guide us to a fixable problem and help us fix the car. That's all for now. Thank you. I rejoice through my angst that I am not alone...I have YOU and we have HIM!
No comments:
Post a Comment