Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Mombasa again

We're back in Kenya!  We found the fasting month of Ramadan to be an exceedingly desirable time to LEAVE our Little Island, so we made our plans.
 But before I get to that, check out my smart 3 1/2 year old writing her name all by herself.  If only I could take credit.  I must assume Avery taught her on all those mornings when I sent the two of them off to "do school" while I taught Hunter.  Nevertheless...cool.
 So anyways, away we flew!  Yes, that's me in the (co) pilot seat, bringing us in for a safe landing.
 And what are we always delighted to find?  FRIENDS!  Our first weekend found us gathered with other workers with over 20 children among us.  AWESOME.
 And let's not fail to be thankful for a wonderful sushi dinner for my birthday!  And the friends to spend it with.
 Oh that they would always walk this way!
 We also got to go to church.  What a blessing...even if it was in Swahili. 
 That's Sweet Ruth there on the right, my friend from years ago when we lived here.  Her and her husband started this church in April.  Pray for them as they lead these people.
 I was invited to speak this last Sunday about the Great Work we have been commanded to do in all the world.  It was so exciting to be able to speak to a church in its infancy about choosing now Who they would follow and how that should look.  Crazy to be standing on a dirt floor under a tin roof talking about being wise with their money!  I pray we all would examine ourselves in light of the Great Call.
Less exciting was the almost 2 1/2 hour wait until I was called up to speak.  It was harder on some of us than others.  But finished. 
 
Oh!  I almost forgot, the REAL reason we came was so Justin could do some language study.  It's going great.  Pray for an open mind and a quick tongue for him, and patience for me and Maggie as we entertain 6 kids everyday.

No comments: