Monday, November 11, 2013

Another Empty Place

Little Swalha gave up her fight this morning.  She now lies wrapped in white, beneath this clearing, tucked in a corner of her village.  At least her broken body does.  I am trying to rejoice, knowing she is dancing and running for the first time in her life...right into His arms.
 Her mama is far from rejoicing of course.  As I sat with her today, after we wept together, I was able to open my mouth with words of the One who can heal any thing and save us from everything.  I told her mama about the Son who loves her and wants her to follow Him.
 Of course, a 3 minute conversation with a woman who can not read His words herself are far from sufficient.  But I pray a seed has been planted and in His time it will be watered and tended and it will grow.
 Little Sister Aminia will be eligible for testing next month for the same deadly virus that took Swalha.  Pray with me that she is clear.  That she will have the chance to grow up strong and healthy...and one day become His child.
 It is so hard sometimes...we are working so hard, doing so much, and yet...there is so much to do.  So many who have never heard...will never hear.  Pray that He will sweep down and work in huge, miraculous ways.  That He will bring these people to Himself. 
And life always continues elsewhere...Tornado is the proud mommy of ten beautiful chirpy chicks.  Thank you Lord for new life...and for the reminders of new life in You!

No comments: