Avery love has never been good at body part identification. Besides the fact that she's still missing her K and G sounds, so she is forever hurting her "antle", no matter which joint it may be. Yesterday I told her to go potty and she rubbed her tummy down low and said, "Yeah, my ribs have been rumbling!" She used to live on gum and hot cocoa (dum and totoa). But recently, she decided that chai is her new favorite (hot tea). This morning her first real words to me were, "Mom, tan you det me some toffee tate and chai? But I want it real." That means with milk in it like the Kenyans do. Don't know why that makes it real, but then again, she's 3...for a little while longer.
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Oh my girls
Sweet Hunter is me in a little package sometimes. She has the most features from my side of the family by far. She loves arts and crafts more than any old school subject. And lately she's been organizing. On her own accord, she has completely emptied every shelf and toy box we own in order to stack memory cards and rubber band them, sort Critters from Ponies, and put the books facing the same way. Braelyn dumped out the box with our big-people games and so I just put the junked pile up high till I can deal with it. I can't tell you how many times she's eyed that pile and reached for it. Ah me.
Avery love has never been good at body part identification. Besides the fact that she's still missing her K and G sounds, so she is forever hurting her "antle", no matter which joint it may be. Yesterday I told her to go potty and she rubbed her tummy down low and said, "Yeah, my ribs have been rumbling!" She used to live on gum and hot cocoa (dum and totoa). But recently, she decided that chai is her new favorite (hot tea). This morning her first real words to me were, "Mom, tan you det me some toffee tate and chai? But I want it real." That means with milk in it like the Kenyans do. Don't know why that makes it real, but then again, she's 3...for a little while longer.
Braelyn is potty trained! Not when she sleeps, but I've been spoiled by my first 2 who stayed dry by this age. Still, it's awesome that she's day potty trained at 18 1/2 months! She was really into it and needed no prompting from me. Except that she loves to poop outside. THAT I do try to discourage. Talking is another matter. Her words doubled the week after she got tubes in her ears and I was really encouraged. But they've definitely slowed down. Oh well, what does a third born need to talk for when her sisters hardly give her a chance anyways? Thus we just end up with a lot of yelled, "MOM!" Yes. She also quit calling me "Mama" and refers simply to me as "MOM!" In that tone of voice.
Sweet Angels, true gifts from heaven, how can I do right by you? God, give me patience and joy to raise these girls to love and follow you. Give me the strength to spend each day with them without going crazy.
Avery love has never been good at body part identification. Besides the fact that she's still missing her K and G sounds, so she is forever hurting her "antle", no matter which joint it may be. Yesterday I told her to go potty and she rubbed her tummy down low and said, "Yeah, my ribs have been rumbling!" She used to live on gum and hot cocoa (dum and totoa). But recently, she decided that chai is her new favorite (hot tea). This morning her first real words to me were, "Mom, tan you det me some toffee tate and chai? But I want it real." That means with milk in it like the Kenyans do. Don't know why that makes it real, but then again, she's 3...for a little while longer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love this post! Thank you for sharing! You do have sweet, sweet girls. And I'll be praying for you. Enjoy them!
Braelyn looks so big! And I meant to tell you in email I cannot believe you've potty trained another at 18 months. You should write a book. Give them all kisses from us!
Oh and in her pic, Avery looks like she was born to live in Africa. I think she will stay there forever.
ps - I'll pray that last line over you if you do the same for me:)
Hi Justin and Shannon! So glad to have found your blog again. So thankful for the work God is doing in and through you.
Miss you!
Catherine
Post a Comment