Tuesday, November 15, 2011

New Abilites

I've often told Justin I'd be lost without him between online banking and such. Well, loading credit for our internet service was another of those mysteries he left me wondering about when he flew off to the big island for the Grand Opening of the first Desalination Machine. More on that another day.

Anyways, after 6 days of no internet, I finally buckled down and followed his flawless directions and did it. And, I'm back. Too much information I know, but I need an outlet for all these pent-up thoughts.

Where to start? How about our big drama the night before Justin took off. Avery slipped on the mosquito net just as she planted her foot to sprint from the room, sending her feet backwards and her chin and lip straight down. There are a few clinics on the island, but they're barely to be trusted in the light of day, and none are close by. So nurse mama did her best and we're praying for a small scar...cause there will be one!

In neighbor news, our milk man (brings a fresh bottle every morning) and his wife had a new baby a couple weeks ago. I visited her for the second time Sunday and she looked exhausted. She said the baby cried all night. I asked if she had enough milk. She said no. I asked if she was eating enough. She said no. Today I took a load of rice and beans over; they said it would last 2 days. They have to feed everyone in the family it seems, not just the 2 of them. So what do I do? I've paid him so far in advance he may never catch up already. I know his brother has a nice house, so he surely could provide rice and beans, right? How much can I do? Should I do? Will I do? Lord, give me wisdom.

On a happy note, our early teen-age neighbor girl has been coming over and devouring our little library. She loves the books! She led me to believe she could understand them, but that soon became unbelievable. So, we've started sitting down for half an hour a day to translate some of our easy books. Great for both of us! Today we were doing a sweet little book called God Knows All About Me. The last line is: "From the beginning to the end, God will always be my friend, God knows all about me." I was asking her how she would say, "God my friend" in normal speech and her only reply was a blank look and "he's not". Several times. Finally I asked my Catholic friend Monika who told me. Together, we tried to tell Ghainima that yes, God is her friend!

That's enough for today. The pics are loading so slow, that's all you get on that front too, sorry. Thanks for praying for us. Please continue to pray for health and safety, friends and relationships.

No comments: