
But it's alright. We are healthy and happy and plodding away at learning language and the girls are doing wonderful. They don't seem to notice the heat, coming out dressed in long leggings under skirts and such nonsense. At first I used to go make them change into something cool, but now I let it go. Maybe it will help them stay impervious to the oven-like climate.

Hunter is smart as ever, blasting away at school. Today (with Justin standing in one shady spot on the road and me down at another) she mastered starting AND stopping on her bike. So, she's officially independently mobile! Avery is her usual chattery self. She still has some cute toddler tendencies that just make her chatter irresistibly cute. Braelyn is nearly always understandable. Unfortunately, I now get to hear "Ah-vah hit me. Ah-vah no pay wif me. Ah-vah dink a toe-toe an me wanna toe-toe too!" That's cocoa/chocolate milk in the last one. But just when I think I got it, she throws out a sentence we will never figure out.

Showers of blessings continue, water is running freely, the generator is awesome since the power goes out almost every day, petrol (gas for the car) has run out on the island but we have a small reserve and can still be mobile, friendships are growing, business is moving forward, and God is on HIS throne...AMEN! Please pray for things to move forward with the Adult Education Center. We've been waiting in limbo for several weeks on some things and would love to start moving! Thanks for all your prayers and support.

Speaking of, we recently got an AWESOME package with lots of encouraging notes from kids back home. One of our favorites said, "Thanks for serving our country". It's drawing was of two figures laying down facing each other, bullets flying. You're welcome buddy!
1 comment:
same here with the heat... the last few weeks are really hot and exhausting. And I smiled when I read the part with the water tank; so true!!!
Post a Comment