Friday, April 12, 2013

Shannon's First Dive!!!

 
I (Justin) wanted to be the one to post about Shannon getting her diving license since she did such an amazing job and I am so proud of her for doing it. First, it should be noted that I have been trying to get her to do this for the past 12 years of marriage. Lots of factors including but not limited to having three children, lots of work, moving half way around the world and not enjoying sticking her face in the water contributed to the delay but at last...she is certified!
 
 
There is a hotel here with an incredibly nice and generous owners that not only invited Shannon to get her license for free but also hosted a tea party for the three little ones so that I could join Shannon on her final dive to get certified. It was awesome to be able to share the beauty of the underwater world with her!
 

Her final dive happened to be a Sunday and since the boat was leaving pretty early in the morning we decided to have church at 20 meters! We brought along our waterproof Bible and had some Scuba Church.
 

 
Needless to say that Shannon did AWESOME on all of her skills and tests. She is a natural underwater and I can't wait to do more dives with her! Here are some pictures from our dive together...

 
Glass minnows
 

 
Porcupine Puffer
 
 
Scorpion Fish
 
 
Juvenile Angle Fish
 

 
And this weird looking fellow!
 

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

You guys are so adorable. Love you! Congrats Shannon!!

Doro said...

Wow, amazing pics!

And I am so impressed, that Shannon made it!
Maybe I have to do it as well... Hans is dreaming about this, but even as I love the water a lot, I like it much more to stay on top of the water and not deep into it.