But tomorrow... no, background first.
Random children from miles around used to come and stand and look through my fence. Sometimes they came in, sometimes they ran away if I asked them to. Sometimes they asked for water. This was ok with me when it was the usual crowd. But one day some kids I'd never seen came and asked for water. I said, "no water at your house?" First of all, there very well might not be. Secondly, what's that verse about doing for the least of these? But I blew it. My kids didn't want to play and I was tired of being a sideshow, and I sent them away. No children have come since. NONE. It's my punishment I know.
So I've been rethinking my life here. It is safe and "comfy" here in my walls with my 3 beautiful, clean, well-behaved children. And oh, how we love to let our little lights shine. The only problem is...no-one can see them shine from outside the walls. I started to pray for another chance. An opportunity to shine for people outside my family (not that I've got THAT one down pat!) Then our neighbor asked me to begin teaching his 2 small boys English! So far my stats on teaching English are 2 for 3, but I haven't given up hope on Braelyn yet. We begin tomorrow.
Twice a week the boys (and probably the other neighbor's son) will come at 5pm for English lessons. We'll probably start with the alphabet since 2 of the 3 boys can't even read, and learn words as we learn letter sounds, etc. That's my un-teacher plan anyways. Please pray for us! Pray the girls will be cheerful and helpful at the interruption to their total monopoly of me and my time. Pray the boys are good learners. Pray I am patient and wise in how I teach them. Pray that we SHINE in such a way that they know we are different...and want to be different too!
Pray too for their parents that this would be another bridge to their hearts.
Oh yeah, Ramadan and 20 hours of fasting a day are half over!
2 comments:
Two days without texting is a new record, so I thought I better leave a post to this great news.... that's AWESOME! And an answer to prayer. I'm excited for you and the girls, and will be praying that it's a true blessing on every side!
Hurray!!!! I'm so so so jealous and wish I was there to help with this awesome new adventure of teaching English. I will pray for patience, wisdom and guidance!
xoxo
ED
Post a Comment